Monday 19 October 2015

Guest Blog Miss Holiday Swing, The Project


“I say Old Bean!” It’s wonderful to meet you! Let’s start by introducing myself. My name is Miss Holiday Swing but my friends call me Holly!

A mere 5 months ago I started the “Miss Holiday Swing” project. A project that had been in the pipeline for some time, but having been sailing the seven seas for the last 2 years        (give or take a few weeks), had been postponed. I should probably explain….

Back in May this year I returned from being a Featured Soloist in one of the many Show Ensembles with Aida Cruises. 2 years I am so thankful for, as the experiences and friends I made; will last me a lifetime! And they are the company that gave Miss Swing her first show! In my first contract, all singers had their own solo programme for which I chose to create a show full of 1940’s music, and it was the birth of something great! However, in my next contract the solo shows were no more, and although I had an absolute blast singing the likes of Tina Turner, The Jackson Five, Lionel Richie, The Blues Brothers and Abba, I missed those toe tapping tunes of an era I hold so dear to my heart!


So once I had my feet firmly on dry land again, I threw myself into getting gigs and performances as Miss Holiday Swing, getting my name and face out there for everyone to see! I decided I needed a whole new image, a website, flyers, business cards, the whole “kitten caboodle!”

The first step was getting some new pictures taken and I already knew the lady perfect for the job! I was familiar with Libby Christensen Photography when she’d taken my professional headshots a few years ago, not to mention the couple of years we’d spent working together front of house at a few theatres in London. Thankfully Libby agreed to help me with my new look and with some combined ideas of what we both had in mind we set out on our London adventure!

This is the beauty of Libby’s work… she has no studio. She works entirely off natural light, natural settings and combined with her amazing eye the results…. Well they speak for themselves! I challenge you to see if you recognize any of the locations we visited…?


I urge anybody with any photographic needs to contact Libby! She makes you feel very comfortable, often over a cup of tea (and I LOVE a cup of tea!), and she’s extremely thorough so you’d never leave with anything you didn’t want!

The next step was the website. Again this recommendation came through Libby. Christopher Jay Designs had also created her website. Chris worked on a whole brand build with me and I tell ya! Having still to this day never met the guy, he did a fantastic job of getting to know what I liked and expected from my business! I’m also pretty clueless when it comes to technical jargon of the computer industry and he was extremely patient.

There was a lot of to and fro emails between us, which may seem like a long process but well worth the wait when the results were exactly, if not more than what I asked for. He started with my logo design and built the website around the colours and feel of that. During which he created a business card and flyer. I hope he wont mind me saying, but I believe he keeps his costs quite low, so he comes highly recommended from me for anyone starting a new business, or even if you want to give your existing business a revamp!



Finally I have been busy in a recording studio in Sevenoaks in Kent called SuPeRec Productions. Run by two musicians called Suzi and Peter who go above and beyond their duties! I first went to them for a professionally recorded Demo to send out to potential clients. I spent around 9 hours in the studio and got 6 songs recorded and mastered on both a CD and in an MP3 format.

I then went back a month later as it was clear from the gigs I was performing at that there was a need for an album! So I called upon their services again for four more tracks. I was looked after so well, always refreshed with water or tea when I needed it, Suzi even made a delicious dinner when Peter and I could tear ourselves away for a break! I must take this moment to thank Peter who helped with some spontaneous harmonies on some of the tracks. He sat there with his guitar and strummed out each harmony from ear. A task that can be harrowing at the best of times let alone when you’re tired from a long day! So, thank you.

And I suppose that’s what this blog is all about!  A HUGE thank you to those that have been part of my journey this year and to whom have helped me have a very busy 5 months performing nearly every weekend! Here’s to the festive season ahead!

Links to all these fabulous people can be found on my website www.missholidayswing.co.uk. Oh! And this is probably a fantastic time to mention that “Introducing Miss Swing…” the album has arrived this very morning and is available for you to purchase at just £5 (excl. postage) Again get in touch via the website for your copy!

Hope to see you at one of my gigs sometime! Be sure to say hello!
All the best,
Miss Swing x

To view Lovely Miss Holiday Swing's listing at Ents Capital UK, and to hire her please
CLICK HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read our Blogs.
We hope you enjoy them and enjoy our Guest Bloggers too.
Please take time to read a comment as we really value your feedback!
Many thanks again!