Friday 18 December 2015

Guest Blog Francesa Mepham

 
My life is difficult to categorise, I don't call it my work, as the work I do literally is my life! Primarily I am a classical singer or as I often describe 'classical session singer' as a lot of what I do is performing at ceremonies such as weddings and funerals as well as concerts and events rather than any long runs of shows. When I sing at an event such as a funeral, I feel incredibly privileged to give someone who was so loved and regarded a special farewell in the form of music, which I think is the most amazing gift in the world!



In addition to this I'm also a writer of well, a lot of everything! I write theatre news articles and performer related articles sharing a little pearl of wisdom when it comes to me, on my blog Frantastic View. There is also copywriting I  I'm also a playwright, with my latest play R(ex)ception being performed at Canal Cafe Theatre on 14th December directed by the Award Winning and Associate Director of the theatre, Adam Morley. I'm also a Theatre reviewer for a Show called What's Offstage? on Soho Radio, presented by Nina Davis and produced by Bryony Hughes, which I actually adore as it’s a wonderful show and wonderful team. As well as the radio show I write for differing websites and publications too.
Stop The Press.. I will be the role of Amy in the new Musical Amy Amy by Nick Pelas at West Cliff Theatre, Essex on 27th February 2016
Phew!


You only realise when you write it all down how much you actually do, but believe me it's not all non stop glamour! I eat a lot! I watch the odd Bergerac (a classic BBC cop drama set in Jersey in the 1980's..). Singing is definitely a lot of hard work, focus and planning ahead. I love to sing a variety from sacred arias to musical theatre, that’s my definition of being a classical crossover singer. In general I listen to a variety of music from Two Door Cinema Club to Dusty Springfield. When you do both performing and writing always remember one thing, always expect the unexpected, I know it’s a cliché but it’s actually very true!
The next couple of months are very busy but very exciting I do feel very lucky indeed as I have performances coming up for Christmas and in to the new year as well as my writing being performed which is just incredible.


Next Performing..
Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree at Winston Churchill Theatre Ruislip on 12th December http://www.hillingdontheatres.uk/index.php/events/rockin-around-the-christmas-tree/
Upcoming play I’ve written..
R(ex)ception a short play as part of Actor Awareness of new works on the theme of working class, at Canal Café Theatre http://www.canalcafetheatre.com/EventPage.php?EventId=44307My Blog, where you can also keep updated on my performing and writing on the Fran’s Diary page: https://frantasticview.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read our Blogs.
We hope you enjoy them and enjoy our Guest Bloggers too.
Please take time to read a comment as we really value your feedback!
Many thanks again!